Hon. Nimrod E. Mkono – Managing Partner
“Hon. Nimrod E. Mkono is regarded as a rainmaker and force behind the practice.”
Chambers and Partners 2012 Edition
Specialisation: Hon. Nimrod Mkono is the founder and Managing Partner of Mkono & Co, which he has headed since 1977. The name Nimrod Mkono has come to be the mark of competence and efficiency in relation to legal work in Tanzania. His specialisations include company law, corporate finance, privatisation and corporate taxation. Hon. Mkono has handled numerous consortium arrangements and has been responsible for advising on a number of high profile acquisitions including the unbundling of and eventual privatisation of the National Bank of Commerce and the privatisation of Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited, as well as acting for both the government and major corporations in international commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Managing Partner, Mkono & Co since 1977
- Member of Parliament, United Republic of Tanzania
- Trustee, The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation since 1996
- Advocate, High Court of Zanzibar since 1993
- Company secretary and legal advisor to Tanzania Development Finance Company Limited (TDFL), 1978 – 1981
- Advocate, High Court of Tanzania since 1977
- Resident Magistrate, Civil and Criminal Jurisdiction.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, F.C.I.S., UK, 1986
- Associate, Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, A.C.I.S., UK, 1976
- MA (Bus. Law), Council for National Academic Awards, City of London Polytechnic , UK, 1976
- Chartered Secretaryship Final Examination (C.I.S.), South West London College, UK, 1975
- LL.B, University of East Africa, University College of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 1970.
- Phone:+255 22 2118789-91, +255 222194200 & +255 222114664
- Fax:+255 22 2113247 & +255 22 2116635
- English, Swahili.